1. Home
  2. Docs
  3. Housing Options Factsheet
  4. Ensuring the right support is in place

Ensuring the right support is in place

  • Start planning early and think about future housing arrangements at the transition review at age 14 for children with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
  • Contact your local social services department to find out about your local authority‚Äôs policies on housing and support for people with disabilities
  • Request a community care assessment for adults with disabilities
  • Carers are entitled to an assessment of their needs from social services
  • If you want to rent local authority housing or housing association properties, put yourself or your adult child on their waiting list as soon as possible