Skills for People is recruiting new trustees. This is an exciting opportunity to make a positive difference by joining an organisation that:
- Has supported disabled people and their families across the North East for 40 years
- Has disabled people at the heart of its work and its team
- Works to protect human rights and improve the world, alongside disabled people and their families, colleagues in health, social care and the community and charity sector
As a trustee/company director, you will commit around 30 hours over a year, to work as part of our board to oversee the running of the charity. This rewarding role offers the chance to make connections, and develop your skills and knowledge.
Skills for People is a charitable company. Trustees have limited liability, which means they are not personally liable for company debts or financial losses. Expenses are paid.
Previous board/trustee experience is not necessary. We welcome applications from anyone, aged 16 or over.
We are particularly keen to have applications from people who have experience of one or more of the following, but would be happy to hear from anyone who may be interested.
- Business skills (HR, law, marketing, digital)
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Health and social work/social care
- Relevant personal lived experience
Please contact our Chief Executive, Liz Wright, for an informal chat firstname.lastname@example.org
or download a Zip file of all documents – Application Pack (ZIP)
For an Application Pack by post please phone 0191 281 8737 or email: email@example.com
Please send your completed application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or post them to:
Board of Trustees, Skills for People, 4 Glendale Terrace, Byker, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 1PB