We currently provide advocacy for vulnerable people who live in Middlesbrough, Redcar & Cleveland and Stockton.
How to get in touch
You can call us on 0191 281 8737 or email us at email@example.com
All referrals go through the Local Council, unless stated otherwise.
How we can help
An advocate supports individual people, especially those who are vulnerable. An advocate can help you:
- Understand your rights and choices
- Understand what is happening
- Help you make your own decisions
- Help you to have your say on issues which are important to you
- Make sure your views and wishes are taken into account when decisions are being made about your life
- Defend and protect your rights
Skills for People is an independent charity. Our advocates are independent, they are not a member of the health or social care team which support you, and they play no part in your treatment and care.
We have been been awarded the Advocacy Quality Performance Mark (QPM) from the National Development Team for Inclusion (NDTi).
We work to the principles of the Advocacy Charter.
We also provide more specialist types of advocacy: