We currently provide Care Act advocacy for adults who live in Middlesbrough, Stockton and Redcar & Cleveland.
Advocacy is available if you live at home, in a care home or hospital, or if you are in prison.
How to get in touch
You can call us on 0191 281 8737 or email us at email@example.com
All referrals go through the Tees Hub, Middlesbrough Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB).
How we can help
The Care Act gives some people the right to an advocate to support them about
- Care assessments
- Care and support planning
- Care and support reviews
- Safeguarding enquiries
- Safeguarding adult reviews (previously known as serious case reviews)
One of our advocates may be able to support you if you are:
- An adult who needs care and support
- A carer of an adult
- A carer of a young person who is about to start using adult services
- A young person who is about to start using adult services.
You find it very hard to:
- Understand what is happening and the choices that you have
- Decide what care and support you need
- Tell people what you want
- You do not have any friends or family available (or who feel able) to support you
We work to the principles of the Advocacy Charter.