A project from Skills for People, for people with learning disabilities and/or autism, and their family carers, who live in Newcastle and North Tyneside.
We talk and learn about our rights, especially those affected due to the Covid-19 pandemic:
- Getting the help you need.
- Your rights when you go to a GP, or hospital, appointment.
- Your right to an Annual Health Check and flu jab.
- Getting out and about, safely.
We want to hear from YOU about what is working well, and what needs to change.
When does the group meet?
When do we meet? Every Monday from 2.30pm – 3.30pm
Where do we meet? On Zoom.
If you have not used Zoom before please let us know – we may be able to help.
We will also share information about rights on Facebook, and in a regular e-newsletter.
How to join
Please get in touch if you are interested in joining in. Contact Sally at Skills for People:
Tel: 0191 281 8737
Accessible information from Health and Social Care Services
You can download this editable Word document and send it to health and social care services, to request accessible information:
- Request for accessible information – Easy Read Letter (Word document)
Please contact email@example.com if you need any help editing the letter.
Learning Disability, Autism and Human Rights Booklet
You can download a PDF copy of “Learning Disability, Autism and Human Rights Booklet” produced by the British Institute of Human Rights from their website.
- Learning Disability, Autism and Human Rights Booklet (2017) – British Institute of Human Rights
Learning Disability Register GP letter
You can send this letter to your GP to make sure you are on the Learning Disability Register, and to request extra support at appointments. The letter is made by Mencap.
You can download your own Hospital Passport here. You can choose the one that is best for you. There are other Hospital Passports available too.
- South Tyneside and Sunderland Care Passport (link to PDF)
- National Autistic Society Health Passport (link to PDF)
Human Rights Activities
The North Yorkshire Learning Disability Partnership Board have some great activities and information about human rights on their website.
Rights Round Table Newsletters
- Newsletter 1 (9th November 2020) – PDF
- Newsletter 2 (16th November 2020) – PDF
- Newsletter 3 (23rd November 2020) – PDF
- Newsletter 4 (30th November 2020) – PDF
- Newsletter 5 (7th December 2020) – PDF
- Newsletter 6 (14th December 2020) – PDF
- Newsletter 7 (4th January 2021) – PDF
- Newsletter 8 (11th January 2021) – PDF
- Newsletter 9 (18th January 2021) – PDF
- Newsletter 10 (25th January 20201) – PDF
- Newsletter 11 (1st February 2021) – PDF
- Newsletter 12 (8th February 2021) – PDF
- Newsletter 13 (22nd February 2021) – PDF
- Newsletter 14 (8th March 2021) – PDF
- Newsletter 15 (15th March 2021) – PDF