This offers convenient and affordable transport for some people with restricted mobility.
- Require higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Attendance Allowance or 8 points in mobility component of Personal Independent Payments (PIP)
- Registered as severely visually impaired or blind
- Application form to complete for new members to the scheme
- If your taxi fare is £6 or less, you can use your TaxiCard to pay half the fare. If your taxi fare is over £6, use your Taxi card to pay £3, and then you will pay the rest of the fare
- Members will be given a Taxi Card User Handbook
You can book a taxi on day required (although more notice may be required for wheelchair accessible taxis).
Tel: 0191 202 0747
Email: email@example.com for more information and to register.