Out of Hours Support

Who to contact if you need urgent support

If there is an emergency, or you feel like harming or hurting yourself or other people:

Call 999

Or go to your nearest Accident and Emergency department (A&E). You can find your local department here. www.nhs.uk/service-search/other-services/Accident-and-emergency-services/LocationSearch/428


For non-emergency situations:

Call NHS 111 (NHS Direct)

Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Trained nurses can tell you about your local crisis support services or your nearest A&E and provide other health advice.

Tel: 111

Web: www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk


Covid-19 Support

Call 119 if you have questions or need help with coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccinations, testing, NHS COVID Pass, and more.

Calls to 119 are free from mobiles and landlines. Lines are open every day from 7am to 11pm.

Web: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/using-the-nhs-and-other-health-services/when-to-call-119/


Crisis Support

If you are experiencing a mental health crisis you can contact your local NHS Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Service.

They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  However, the crisis team does not provide an ’emergency’ service like calling 999.


Newcastle and Gateshead Crisis Team

Tel: 0191 814 8899

For Deaf service users please text 07919 228 548


Northumberland and North Tyneside Crisis Team

Tel: 0303 123 1146

For Deaf service users please text 07887 625 277


Sunderland and South Tyneside Crisis Team

Tel: 0303 123 1145

For Deaf service users please text 07889 036 280


Tees, Esk and Wear Valley Crisis Team

(County Durham and Darlington, Teesside, Selby, York and most of North Yorkshire)

Tel: 0800 0516 171



Samaritans provide confidential, non-judgemental emotional support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair. It is free to call them.

Tel: 116 123

Email: jo@samaritans.org

Website: www.samaritans.org


Shout text support

If you are struggling to cope and need to talk, trained Shout Volunteers are there for you, day or night.

If your life is at imminent risk, please call 999 for immediate help.

Shout is a free, confidential, anonymous text support service. You can text from wherever you are in the UK.

Text: 85258


The National Domestic Abuse Helpline

You can call, for free and in confidence, 24-hours a day.

Tel: 0808 2000 247

If you are in immediate danger, you must call 999.

You can also use the online chat service: Monday – Friday, 3pm – 10pm.

Web: www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk/Chat-to-us-online

Theme Designed by Bowe Digital Ltd