1. Home
  2. Docs
  3. Concessions Information Booklet
  4. Free Carer

Free Carer

Watching a play at the theatreMost concessions require the disabled person to be in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independent Payment (PIP). It is advisable to take a copy of the DLA/PIP award letter to the venue and ask if there are any concessions for carers.

A carer can be a parent, sibling, friend or paid carer. Lots of places offer free carers places such as Beamish, Flamingo Land, Centre for Life, sporting venues and theatres. With some venues you need to pre register and are given a reference number. It is recommended that you check with each venue prior to visiting.