1. Home
  2. Docs
  3. ADHD Information Booklet
  4. Support Contacts

Support Contacts

Children and Young People’s Service (CYPS)

This team is based at Benton House and offer a specialised service for young people up to the age of 18 on emotional and behavioural problems. Your child will need to be referred to this service by a health professional, Social Care or your child’s school.

Web: www.ntw.nhs.uk/services/children-young-peoples-service-newcastle-gateshead/

Newcastle Carers

Provides support for carers of someone who lives in Newcastle.  They offer free and confidential information and advice.

Tel: 0191 275 5060
Email: info@newcastlecarers.org.uk
Website: www.newcastlecarers.org.uk
Address: 135-139 Shields Road, Byker, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 1DN

Newcastle Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS)

This service provides information specialising in education matters and includes information and signposting on social care and health issues.

Contact: Judith Lane
Tel: 0191 284 0480
Web: www.newcastlesupportdirectory.org.uk/kb5/newcastle/fsd/service.page?id=l2_g69fp8-8

Local Offer

The Local Offer describes the services available for children/young people with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND) aged 0-25 and their families.

Email: local.offer@newcastle.gov.uk
Website:www.newcastlesupportdirectory.org.uk – Select SEND Local Offer


Contact (was Contact a Family) are a national charity that help families who care for disabled children, giving information and advice.

Tel: 0808 808 355
Email: helpline@contact.org.uk
Website: www.contact.org.uk