1. Home
  2. Docs
  3. ADHD Information Booklet
  4. Disability Living Allowance (DLA) /Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Disability Living Allowance (DLA) /Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

If you have a young person who has ADD/ADHD and you have to take more care of them than you would have to for someone who does not have ADD/ADHD, then chances are they may qualify for Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) if they are over 16 years old.

This is dependant on various criteria, including the question of how much extra care does the child need compared to others of the same age, this includes supervision/safety issues as well as personal care.

To obtain the forms then phone the DLA/PIP department on

DLA: 0345 712 3456

PIP: 0800 917 2222

Skills for People can refer you onto a specialist advice service for help to complete these forms.